Wednesday 7 July 2010

Crabbed Into Sunlight 2

...this time it's crabbier.

In actual fact, the name of this entry does not refer to a film. It's not even a sequel to the original Crabbed Into Sunlight post really, I just wanted to re-use the name. Adding a "2" just saves confusion. Or generates it, whichever.

The other night I decided to sketch out a quick banner idea for this here blog. It was just a tiny messy scribble when I was half asleep, so it's far from perfect! It looked like this:



I think the crab needs to be further to the right and should use his other pincer to grab the bloke. That way you can see the crab's malevolent face (but no lips). The text also needs re-arranging. Basically, this is a bit crap so far, and therefore isn't being used up top. I thought I'd post it anyway though, just for anyone obsessive enough to follow my work progress.

Even though it's only a 3/10 effort, I then decided to colour it in a bit with inks and brushes. Just to see how it looks, really. Here it is:



Again, it's just a tester so you don't need to tell me how messy it is, etc. I am well aware.

I'll get it re-done someday, to a higher level of crabbiness. Keep your eyes peeled for Crabbed Into Sunlight 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment