Sunday 11 July 2010

Wallpaper

Have you ever tried to get to sleep, and failed repeatedly? Is your bed near a wall? Then I presume you will have spent a good few hours looking at the patterns in the wallpaper, making faces from the lines...

Last night (well, about 6:15am today actually) I started to devise a picture on my wall. I could definitely see a body and limbs, and some jagged teeth... then it pretty much all fell into place.

I tend to keep a pen to hand when I go to bed, just in case I fancy drawing something before sleep (I do a lot of my sketches there, last night I did a full typeface!) so I thought "sod it, it's my wall!" and decided to draw in the weird thing I had seen. If only to see how it would look.

Obviously, it's very crude and I have no idea what it actually is. Some kind of cyclops with a fat belly, pointed ears, elephant feet umbrella stands on his legs, and arms which have claws despite the lack of fingers. His pose suggests he is falling over whilst drunk, lamely clawing at an invisible wall for some support. Well, here he is:



I reckon I might paint him in full colour someday, if I can be arsed. I don't generally take paints to bed though. Oh, and give you an idea of scale, he's about 25cm across and 20cm tall.

I guess it looked better at 6:15am...

No comments:

Post a Comment