Wednesday 14 July 2010

The Pattern Theory

I'm putting a gig on in September, my 2nd one so far. As well as sorting the venue, bands, etc. I'm doing the poster design. I enjoy doing this kind of thing, but it takes me ages.

For this project I made a bunch of triangle shaped rubber stamps and make a few interesting patterns. A bit obvious considering the band name, but the results came out pretty well as far as I'm concerned.

Here's the work in progress poster idea, with a typeface that I also did myself:


What do you reckon? The pattern shown only uses one rubber stamp, which has a sort of "T" shape cut out of it. I did a few more using the other stamps I cut out, some of which you can see here:


Which is your favourite from the bunch? The last one is pretty similar to the final one to be used on the poster, but I thought it was better to just use one stamp rather than three different ones.

Check out the band to see if you think my design suits their musical style:


Cheers for any feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment