Friday 9 July 2010

Giant Crabs

Recently I purchased three more Guy N. Smith crab books, bringing my total up to a healthy eight (including a graphic novel). The new ones in my collection are Crabs Unleashed (a book of three short stories), Crabs Armada (a single short story) and Crabs' Fury (the graphic novel).

I am now only missing Crabs: The Human Sacrifice, the rarest in the series, but apparently it is due to be re-released someday. I'm happy to wait as all the books I have bought direct from Guy N. Smith have been signed, and the recent order also included a keyring, bookmark and fridge magnet... plus some info about joining his fan club and attending "CrabCon" at his house!

Anyone reading this and thinking "crikey, these books must be good if you go so far out of your way to collect them all!" would no doubt enjoy a review of them. Well, I do intend on doing this someday... but not right now. I want to finish my collection and then I can rate each book on a scale of 1 to crab. Crabs' Fury actually contains a very enthusiastic run down of events in all the books, but leaves out Crabs: The Human Sacrifice as one to read yourself. This is because a) it's really rare, b) it's really good and c) it's getting re-released and they want you to buy it.

Anyway, in the wait for me to buy and read this book (when it is released) I thought I should give you a sample of giant crab horror. I found this recently when browsing the internet looking for giant killer crabs, as I often do. It makes no mention of Guy N. Smith, but it is too close to the content of his series of books to not be a homage. Unless they've just not mentioned him in the hope that no-one has heard of him. Enjoy!


To follow this up, The Onion News Network also posted an article about giant crabs a while ago, that still features relevant information. Again, I think they must be aware of Guy N. Smith, though this is much less directly linked than the last video. Still a cracking watch though!


Click-Click-Clickety-Click

No comments:

Post a Comment